Delucia Holistic's Blog
|Posted on 31 January, 2017 at 15:20||comments (0)|
Hot stone massages have been used for thousands of years in various forms by Chinese, Indian and Mexican cultures and hot stone massage was introduced into spas in the 1990's.
Smooth polished volcanic basalt stones are heated and they absorb and retain the heat they can be placed on your chakras or on key places onyour body. In addition crystals can be used during your hot stone massage to align and balance the bodies energy. The therapist also uses the stones as tools during your hot stone massage they are glided rhythmically across the energy lines of the body.
In some hot stone massages cool marble or jade stones are used in addition to the hot stones which increases the circulation, relaxes, detoxifies and encourages healing.
Effects and Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Deep relaxation
- enjoyable deep penetrating heat
- enhanced effect on tense muscles
- helps tired muscles
- balances and aligns the bodies energies
- Increases deep muscle and tissue relaxation
- Clears toxins
- Promotes overall stress relief and calm
- Improves poor circulation
- It alleviates pain inc. back pain, joint pain
- It is beneficial to clients with fibromyalgia
- It is beneficial to clients with multiple sclerois
- Helps with stress, tension and anxiety
- Eases sprains and strains
- Helps sufferers of insomnia and depression
- Hot stone massage is really popular due to it's immediate beneficial effects.